Sony has announced Xperia Miro, a new Android smartphones in its Xperia line-up yesterday, Xperia Miro running on Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
Sony Xperia Miro would have 3.5″ (320×480 pixels) TFT capacitive touch screen display, powered by 800MHz processor and comes with 512MB RAM, 5MP camera, and 3GB of internal memory. Moreover it would have 5.0 MP Camera with flash, video recording at 30 fps and secondary video calling camera. As par Sony, Miro will come with unique illuminations for incoming messages and social updates and has Xperia with Facebook app.
Xperia Miro has been launched about 9 days ahead of schedule because of overwhelming response in company’s Facebook campaign.
Sony Xperia Miro features includes Sony xLOUD audio for crisp audio and DLNA support.
“Xperia Miro is for those who want an integrated social media and a great music experience while Xperia Tipo is for consumers who want to realise the benefits of a smartphone for the first time as they migrate from a feature phone.”, said Calum MacDougall, Director Xperia Marketing at Sony Mobile Communications.
Sony hasn’t revealed the pricing or exact availability details, but it is expected that Xperia Miro would be available in market in Q3 2012 and in range of colors such as black, back / pink, white and white / gold as it is targeted to youngsters.
Sony Xperia Miro Specs :
- 3.5-inch (320×480 pixels) TFT capacitive touch screen display
- OS : Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- CPU : 800 MHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
- 512MB RAM
- 2.9 GB internal memory (up to 2.2 GB user-accessible memory), up to 32 GB expandable memory with microSD
- 9.9 mm thick and weighs 110 gm
- 5.0 MP camera auto focus camera with pulsed LED flash, VGA front-facing camera
- 3.5 mm audio jack
- FM Radio with RDS
- 3G, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi b/g/n, DLNA, GPS / aGPS
- 1500 mAh battery