Apple launched a new standalone application Podcasts app devoted to discovering and downloading Internet content for iPhone and iPad.
Apple released the iOS 6 earlier that would not have the podcast feature inside the iTunes app, instead users can download this app to subscribe to and play your favorite podcasts. You can subscribe to podcasts from the wide catalog based on your country in over 40 languages.
Podcasts app is the easiest way to discover, subscribe to and play your favorite podcasts on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Explore hundreds of thousands of free audio and video podcasts from the Podcasts Catalog, and play the most popular podcasts, organized for you by topic, with the all-new Top Stations feature.
Podcasts App Features :
- Enjoy all of your audio and video podcasts in a single app.
- Explore hundreds of thousands of podcasts including shows in over 40 languages.
- Try the innovative new Top Stations feature to find new podcast series in a variety of topics, including arts, business, comedy, music, news, sports, and more.
- Browse by Audio or Video podcasts, or see what’s most popular in Top Charts.
- Tap subscribe for your favorites and automatically receive new episodes for free as they become available.
- Stream episodes or download to listen while offline.
- Skip forward and back using simple playback controls.
- Turn on Sleep Timer to automatically stop playing a podcast while listening in bed.
- Share your favorite episodes with friends using Twitter, Messages and Mail.
- Optionally sync your favorite episodes from iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Sync your episode playback for seamless transition between devices.
You can dwnload Podcasts app for iPhone and iPad from the Apple iTunes Store for free.