In the beginning of 2011 ASUS announced a new device named Padfone that will finally be available in the market in early 2012 reported by Nicole Scott from NetbookNews.
The Padfone is a new take on the smart phone and is a first of its kind innovation that allows you to switch seamlessly between pad and phone for a user experience that best-fits your activities, at any time. The ASUS Padfone has been specifically created to fulfill a demand for both smart phone and tablet users.
According to the rumor, the Asus Padfone will be running on a quad-core Tegra 3 chipset, featuring no less than four Cortex-A9 cores instead of the Qualcomm Krait S4 processor.
As far as connectivity is concerned the internet access from the 3G network connection is shared between the phone and pad, as data storage is streamlined through a single storage pool.
Here are some features provided by ASUS Padfone :
- One SIM card for two devices
- Eliminate data transfer hassle with a single storage pool
- Enlarge your screen size any time you need to
- Seamless transition of applications between pad and phone
- Use the pad as an extended battery to charge your phone
- Have a video conferencing experience and easily share with family and friends
It is expected that the ASUS Padfone should be unveiled at Mobile World Congress in February 2012.
If you haven’t seen the videos of ASUS Padfone then check out below videos how Padfone works.