All we know about Android useful app Google Translate. Now this Google Translate has been updated to version 2.4. This update brings new simplified Holo UI that offers drop down menus and the an action bar.
With the help of Google Translate app you can translate text between more than 64 languages with new Esperanto translation and speech to text in 17 languages.
With Google Translate you can :
- Translate text between 64 languages
- Translate by speaking the text instead of typing it (17 languages)
- Listen to your translations spoken aloud (40 languages)
- Communicate with another person using speech-to-speech translation in Conversation Mode (ALPHA, 14 languages)
- Display translations in full screen mode to make it easier for others nearby to read
- Star your favorite translations for quick access even when you’re offline
- Access your translation history even when you’re offline
- Spell out the translation of non-Latin script languages (e.g. Chinese, Japanese, etc..) in Latin characters to read it phonetically (e.g. Pinyin, Romaji)
- View additional dictionary results for single words or short phrases
- Push the handwriting button and simply write what you want to translate
Translations between the following languages are supported:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yiddish.
Android user can download Google Translate from the Google Play Store for free.