Is it possible to control and manage wirelessly your Android device from a web browser Over-The-Air? We say yes.
With the help of the new Android App “AirDroid” you can wirelessly manage and control your beautiful Android device from a web browser Over-The-Air.
This App has many useful features. If your android device and pc both have fast internet connection , then AirDroid App will work as a high-speed file transfer medium between your android device and your PC.
AirDroid App Can :
- Control your android device through your web browser of your pc
- Transfer files between your android device and pc
- Cut, copy, paste, search, rename or delete files on the SD card
- Manage your android device through your web browser i.e the SMS manager, Contacts Manager, Application manager, Media manager, Handy Toolbox, Ringtone Manager and other.
- Preview, delete, import, export, set as wallpaper and photos slide show from desktop
- Share clipboard text and many other items between android device and pc
- High speed communication and easy interface
- Play, search, import, export, delete, or set as phone call, notification and alarm ringtones
AirDroid also comes with the following inbuilt features:
- Real-time ROM, SD Card, Battery, CPU and RAM status report & check with charts to show available/used/total resources, and one-tap memory boost.
- Kill or uninstall running apps, batch operation supported.
- Uninstall, share or check details of user and system apps.
- Control Cut, copy, rename, send/share, delete, sort and create visible or hidden folders and files.
What you need to run AirDroid?
The Android AirDroid App should be compatible with most Android devices running Android 2.1 or upper version (4.0 is not well supported yet). The Web Desktop should be compatible with most modern web browsers, including Chrome 12 or upper version, Firefox 3.6 or upper version, Safari 5.0 or upper version (For best performance IE is not recommended).
You can download AirDroid App from Android Market on your device.
You Configure AirDroid and Control android phone via browser via following steps.
Step 1. Install the “AirDroid” App from Android Market on your android device.
Step 2. Launch the “AirDroid” App on your Android device. Tap ‘start’ shown on your device’s welcome screen .
Step 3. You will see a web address like proxy with an auto generated password just below of it as seen in following screen shot.
Step 4. Launch your favorite internet browser on your PC. Try with the shown web address in step 3 in your browser.
Step 5. A given below window will appear having a login box.
Step 6. Type auto generated password that is described in step 3. This will take you to the AirDroid web desktop.
You will see following AirDroid web desktop which is furnished with many interface option to control or manage your android device.
You can transfer files between your Android device and pc , read or send sms , install or uninstall apps and can do many other feature as well.
Watch the given below video for your ready reference and experience the user interface of your Android through your Personal Computer web browser.