Chinese manufacturer K.O. Gadget has just released a new hack which will make the Apple logo on the back of your iPhone 4/4S glow, that is as like as the logo on MacBooks. This may be strange for you but it really works and the logo will glow when the iPhone’s display turns on. The good thing is that you can also do this at home with in 5 minutes.
The company K.O. Gadget will provide you the kit to do the mod for $42, then you can done at home in less than 5 minutes and obviously it would void your iPhone’s warranty.
The mod is actually pretty simple since you are only replacing the back panel of your iPhone. The back panel has a transparent Apple logo which lets light pass through it, but the trick is the “light strip” that you add to it…
The mod is very simple and easy. You just have to replace the back panel of your iPhone. The transparent Apple logo back-panel allows light to pass through, but the cue is the “light strip” that you add in.
The process has the following steps :
- Remove the 2 screws flanking the iPhone’s dock connector port
- Slide open and remove the rear panel
- Remove the 5 screws near the flash
- Lift up the power connector of the screen
- Position the light panel, then connect and mount it using the 3M sticker (details will be provided after purchase)
- Replace the 5 screws near the flash
- Slide on the included rear panel with the transparent logo (so that the light is visible through it)
- Replace the 2 remaining screws flanking the dock connector port
You can also see how this take place in the below video.