We all are familiar with our Yahoo! Mail and Yahoo! Messenger apps on mobile. Yahoo has added a new product to our mobile communications suite.
Yahoo has launched a new Group Messaging app, that is “Hub” for Android. This will be the company’s answer to RIM’s Blackberry Messenger app. The new App Hub allows users to send text messages and have group conversations with other Yahoo users for free. The Hub, now in beta, complements Yahoo’s other mobile communication apps, Yahoo Mail and Yahoo Messenger.
According to Yahoo, users can send SMS messages for free using the app, to other Yahoo users don’t need to have Hub; they can reply using their own SMS services.
This feature is only available to Hub users in Canada, Indonesia, India, Kuwait, Malaysia, Philippines, Pakistan, Thailand, United States and Vietnam. SMS recipients might be charged by their carriers.
You can also add participants to any conversation thread just by adding their mobile phone numbers.
Key features of Hub include:
- Group messaging: Enjoy group conversations with more friends at once
- Local and international SMS messages: Send text messages to other Hub users or any mobile phone, it is free
- Privacy: Easily view and add participants to any conversation thread
- Message any phone: Your friends can reply with any SMS enabled mobile phone
- Instant notifications: Get push notifications for incoming messages so you never have to miss a conversation
You can download Hub for Android from the Android Market (Android 2.1 and above) for free.