Today, LG has officially announced its new flagship Android smartphone Optimus G.
The LG Optimus G is expected to hit the Korean market next month and will also launch on Japan’s NTT DoCoMo by October/November, albeit with a slightly different design. The LG Optimus G is the tantalizing flagship device for which LG released an teaser video last week.
The LG phone is packed with a 4.7″ 1280×768 True HD IPS+ display, 2GB RAM, the ultra-powerful 1.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064, runs on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and a 13.0 MP rear camera and 1.3 MP front camera.
The phone will also have a 2100mAh battery pack (which purportedly is more efficient than regular smartphone batteries, although we’ll probably need to do some testing to see if LG’s claims are true) and a super slim 8.45 mm body.
LG Optimus G would have a few extra features including an infrared transmitter, waterproofing, and LG’s Palette UI. LG Optimus G will be sold in red and black colour options. There is no word on the Jelly Bean update yet, but it will be declared soon.
LG Optimus G looks gorgeous and powerful with slice of mobile tech. While there’s no news regarding whether (or when) the device will available and how much it will cost yet.
LG Optimus G key specs :
- Display : 4.7-inch True HD IPS + (1280 * 768) Display
- CPU : 1.5GHz quad-core processor Qualcomm APQ 8064
- OS : Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Dimension : 131.9 x68.9×8.45 mm
- Weight : 145 g
- Camera : 13.0 MP rear camera and 1.3 MP front camera
- RAM : 2GB DDR2 RAM
- Battery capacity: 2,100 mAh
- Other Features : an infrared transmitter, waterproofing, and LG’s Palette UI
- Colors : Red and Black