US PHONE MAKER Motorola has officially launched the Motorola RAZR a Adroid smart phone in India. Earlier in 2004 the original Motorola RAZR came and it turned the mobile world upside down with its slim profile and impressive design. At that time Motorola sold more than 50 million units of the device, which makes Motorola all time best-selling clamshell. Now the name RAZR is back again with its new features.The Motorola RAZR is made with KEVLAR fiber.
Till date this Motorola RAZR is the thinnest smartphone with 7.1 mm thickness, which is about 1.5 mm slimmer than the previous slimmest smartphone the Samsung Galaxy S2.
The RAZR comes with 4.3 inch (960 x 540 pixels) Super AMOLED hyper-vibrant display
which is bright, with bold colors and great definition. It’s great for browsing the web, watching videos on net or just checking out photos. The RAZR touchscreen is very responsive too, which is really helpful for clicking on small links on web pages.
The Motorola RAZR is powered by a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor and 1GB RAM. That is certainly above average for a smart phone, but isn’t the sort of grunt you’d get from the HTC Sensation XE’s 1.5GHz dual-core chip.
Surprisingly, the Motorola RAZR doesn’t come with the latest Ice Cream Sandwich Android version which is designed to run perfectly on both phones and tablets. But the Motorola RAZR runs on Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread software, which is most running operating system now.
The RAZR comes with a 8.0 MP rear camera with 1080p HD video capture and image stabilization and 1.3 mp front-facing HD camera, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, 1GB RAM, 16 GB on board and 16 GB micro SD card pre-installed and a powerful 1780 mAh battery.
The Motorola Razr also comes with the Motorola MotoCast app that lets you stream or download content from your PC straight to your device so your personal content is always within reach. The Smart Actions app on the RAZR lets you automate everyday tasks and enable better battery life. It can turn down the ringer when you step into work, change the Bluetooth and GPS settings when you get home to save battery, or send a text to someone if you miss their call.
The Motorola RAZR is available in India at selected retail stores in selected cities and online retail stores at a best buy price of Rs. 33,990 (MRP: Rs. 35,990).
Motorola RAZR Specifications :
- Display: 4.3″ 16M-color qHD (540 x 960 pixels) Super AMOLED Advanced capacitive touchscreen; multi-touch input, Gorilla Glass
- Dimensions: 130.7 x 68.9 x 7.1 mm
- Weight: 127 gm
- General: GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900, UMTS 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100, HSDPA 14.4 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps
- Form factor: Touchscreen bar phone
- Platform: 1.2 GHz dual-core Cortex-A9 CPU, PowerVR SGX540 GPU, TI OMAP 4430 chipset
- RAM: 1 GB
- Operating System: Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread
- Memory: 16 GB storage, micro SD card slot
- Camera: 8.0 mp auto-focus camera with face detection, touch focus and geotagging; Full HD (1080p) video recording at 30fps, LED flash, F/2.4 lens and 1.3 MP front facing camera for video call
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, standard micro USB port, GPS receiver with A-GPS, GLONASS, 3.5mm audio jack, microHDMI port
- Misc: Built-in accelerometer, proximity sensor