The Samsung Galaxy Ace is a very decent phone, which was launched last year, and the Ace 2 is quite on the way to cover the market this year as well. Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 has a dual core processor and features a secondary camera.
Design wise Samsung Ace 2 is a bar shaped smartphone which has a 3.8-inch WVGA capacitive touch screen display. The phone runs on Gingerbread (Android 2.3) OS powered by a dual core 800MHZ processor and 768MB of RAM.
Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 is packed with a 5.0 MP front camera and a VGA secondary camera. It plays all popular audio formats such as MP3, AVI and eAAC and video formats such as H.264, Mp4 and AVI.
Connectivity features of Ace 2 includes quad band 2G, 3G, Wifi, Bluetooth3.0 and has an optional NFC chip. Ace 2 comes with 4GB internal memory and has a micro SD card slot to expand your memory upto 32GB. Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 has a 1500mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 Key features and Specs :
- Display : 3.8″ 16M-color capacitive LED-backlit LCD touchscreen of WVGA resolution (480 x 800 pixels), Scratch-resistant glass
- Dimension : 62.2 X 118.3 X 10.5 mm
- Weigh : 122 gm
- OS : Android OS v2.3.7 Gingerbread, planned Android 4.0 ICS update
- CPU : Dual-core 800 MHz Cortex-A9 CPU, 768MB RAM, Mali-400 GPU, NovaThor U8500 chipset
- Camera : 5 MP autofocus camera with LED flash and geotagging, Multi Angle shot and VGA front-facing camera
- 720p video recording @ 30fps with continuous autofocus and stereo sound
- Quad-band GSM /GPRS/EDGE support
- 3G with 14.4 Mbps HSDPA and 5.76 Mbps HSUPA
- Wi-Fi b/g/n and DLNA
- Built-in GPS receiver with A-GPS
- NFC connectivity
- 4GB built-in storage expandable through the microSD card slot
- microUSB port (charging) and stereo Bluetooth v2.1
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- Stereo FM radio with RDS
- Voice dialing
- Adobe Flash 11 support
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor
- Battery : Standard battery, Li-Ion 1500 mAh
- Stand-by : Up to 670 h (2G) / Up to 640 h (3G)
- Talk time : Up to 16 h 20 min (2G) / Up to 7 h 30 min (3G)
Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 is expected to be available in India in the second half of 2012 and price of the device in India is expected in Rs. 12,000 – 15,000 range.