Sony has confirmed the existence of a successor to its Xperia S smartphone, Sony Xperia SL by posting details of the Xperia SL on its website. It is expected to be announced at IFA 2012 next week.
Sony Xperia SL boosts with Snapdragon S3 1.7 GHz dual-core processor, has a 4.3 inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine, 3.5 mm audio jack, FM radio with RDS, NFC, 3G, Bluetooth with A2DP, WiFi, DLNA and aGPS and 32 GB (up to 26 GB user-accessible memory).
The device would run on Google Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and will be packed with 12.1 MP camera with pulsed LED flash and Auto focus, Face recognition and Smile detection, 16x digital zoom, HD video recording (1080p) etc. and 1.3 MP front-facing camera.
The device would be available in four colors option and those are Silver, Black, White and Pink colors. No news regarding price and availability yet.
Sony Xperia SL Key specs :
- 1.7 GHz Qualcomm MSM8260 Snapdragon S3 dual-core processor
- Display : 4.3”, 1280 x 720 pixels 16,777, 216 colour TFT
- Dimension : 128.0 x 64.0 x 10.6 mm
- Weight : 144 g
- OS : Google Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- 1GB RAM
- Flash memory : 32 GB (up to 26 GB user-accessible memory)
- FM Radio with RDS
- Camera : 12.1 megapixel camera with pulsed LED flash and Auto focus and 1.3 MP front-facing camera
- Pre-loaded Application :Google Voice Search, Google Talk application, Google Maps with Street View and Latitude, Google Mail