Windows Phone 7 Connector is a simple and easy-to-use application designed for synchronizing your favorite media files from your Mac, with your Windows Phone 7 or Zune HD. The Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac, allows Mac users to sync their Windows Phone 7 devices with iTunes and iPhoto and when needed, update your Windows Phone 7 software. Windows Phone 7 Mac users are able to sync Music, Videos and Photos to their phones.
This week Microsoft released a new update to its Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac.
The update version of Window phone 7 connector includes support for custom ringtones and the ability to drag and drop files from the device onto a Mac. Microsoft has also released some bug fixes as part of the update, including extra error codes, connectivity fixes for certain devices and album art display issues.
Windows Phone 7 Connection 2.01 comes with the following changes and updates:
- Full sync and import support for Apple Aperture software
- Drag and drop import of files from Browse Device
- Ringtone transfer support (for phones running Windows Phone 7.5 or later)
- Improved video conversion process with user configuration options
- Support for Windows Phone Marketplace (for phones running Windows Phone 7.5 or later)
- Localization support for 13 more languages
- Improvements to back up and restore operations
- Improved configuration for podcast sync and photo import
- Improved iTunes import support in certain languages
- Improved metadata support for videos
- Added additional error codes and help references for device update
- Resolved connectivity issues with certain devices
- Resolved album art display issues for certain devices
You can download the updated Windows Phone 7 Connector 2.01 for Mac from Apple’s Mac App Store.